PRACTITIONER WORKING WITH SCHOOLS AND FAMILIES
I have worked with children and young adults for over 35 years. I started my career as a Maths teacher and worked my way up to being a headteacher in 2 different schools. For 5 years I had the privilege of working in a school for children with social, emotional and behaviour needs using these techniques every day so I know that they work and help make sustainable, positive changes.
I use NLP with students who have behavioural, social and emotional needs and help them to deal with their anger effectively and develop strategies they can use to help themselves stay calm.
If there is one thing I have learnt over the years it is that there is not a one-size-fits-all solution! Sometimes we take 3 steps forward and one back – and that is okay because we have still made progress. During the last 5 years in particular I have learnt and developed my skills in a wide range of therapeutic approaches that I know to work with young people and their families.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming – NLP for short – has many tools to help us to communicate more effectively, overcome fears, phobias, anxiety, relationship issues and to help us fill the gaps left with positive stuff to build positive futures.
I have run successful whole staff training for school staff about NLP and how using NLP skills can be very useful in their work with young people. It helps with better communication and understanding on both sides and the techniques are simple to remember and easy to use.
As a Licensed NLP4Kids Practitioner I offer the following therapeutic support:
- NLP4Kids workshops in schools tailored to suit the needs of your pupils (Self-esteem, confidence building, exam stress)
- NLP4Teachers – a 1-day training course for school staff (including support staff)
- NLP4Kids 1-1 therapy sessions for managing anger, fears, phobias, raising self-esteem, confidence building
- Family group work
- TimeLine Therapy
- NLP Practitioner,
- Timeline Therapy Practitioner, Hypnosis Practitioner
- NLP Master Practitioner, Time Line Therapy Master Practitioner, Hypnosis Master Practitioner, Coaching Master Practitioner
- Handle Institute HANDLE Level 1 and 2 (Holistic Approaches to Neuro-Developmental Learning Efficiency) For use with students on the autistic spectrum
- NLP4Kids NLP4Kids Practitioner
- NLP4Kids NLP4Parents Practitioner
- Advanced Brain Technologies The Listening Program (a music listening therapy for students on the autistic spectrum)
- Thought Field Therapy (Tapping)
- Hypnosis Masterclass
- NLP4Kids Refresher Training
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
My aim in Superheroes is to reach out many families and local schools to provide them with a set of skills which will help children and young people to excel in their behaviour, communication and gain support in times of need.